Known as the peak or cape of Istria, the town of Medulin in Croatia is a tourist destination known for its summer offer. Clean sea and untouched nature are the main characteristics of the town.
Medulin, Croatia stands out as the town with a rich history. Dinosaur prints found on the Premantura peninsula and small surrounding islands take you back to far prehistoric times, and the first traces of “tourism” originate from the Roman period, when the aristocracy recognised the beauty of the landscape and the pleasant climate as this oasis for peace and enjoyment far from the stress characteristic for Rome. Apart from the historic monuments, Medulin is known for its beaches. The indented coast has sand, pebble and rocky beaches on which you can sunbathe or find shelter in the shade of pines that are a hundred years old. Those who want to get away from the hustle can find their peace on one of the islands of the Mediterranean archipelago. The exceptionally favourable climate and specially adapted contents make Medulin, Istria a favourable destination for preparations and competitions of top athletes, while Medulin Sports Centre especially stands out in the offer. Medulin Riviera provides many possibilities for a fulfilled holiday. Therefore, you should visit Medulin during your holiday in Istria.
What should you see and experience in Medulin?
- St. Agnes (Sv. Agneza) parish church and its two 33-metre-high bell towers
- Ruins of the Roman residence of Emperor Constantine Crisp on Vižula peninsula
- Our Lady of Health parish church with preserved frescos and graffiti from the 15th century
- Protected Nature Park of Cape Kamenjak and its beach
- Crispo interactive show that talks about the life of the old Romans
- Hidden shipwrecks and underwater beauties are perfect for diving
- Summer beach sports, surfing and sailing
How's the weather in Medulin
°C - 14°C
12°C - 15°C
8°C - 14°C
6°C - 9°C
5°C - 11°C
11°C - 13°C
8°C - 9°C