The town of Novigrad in Croatia is a popular tourist destination near Umag, which wins over with its compelling charm and romantic atmosphere of a small Mediterranean fishing village. This is the place where rich cultural and historical heritage meets the developed gastronomic and entertainment offer.
The old town core hides the history of Novigrad among its stone streets. It has country villas from antique times, massive walls that still surround parts of the town and numerous churches and palaces decorating the squares and reminding of some ancient times when the town was ruled by bishops and noblemen. Even though it is a small town, the cultural offer of Novigrad in Istria can be compared to much larger towns. Apart from its offer for art lovers, Novigrad also offers many contents and events to gourmands who want good food. It also offers summer joys characteristic for a developed Mediterranean tourist destination. The town is surrounded by attractive beaches, while refreshment after sunbathing can be found in long walks through the untouched nature in the hinterland. The charm and atmosphere of a fishing village perfectly fit into the new and modern attire of Novigrad, while the rich cultural and historical heritage ideally completes the entertainment contents and top quality gastronomy. The town of Novigrad in Istria welcomes you with arms wide open and offers an experience of a fulfilled holiday in Istria.
What should you see and experience in Novigrad?
- Town bell tower, original motive of the town
- Remarkable walls of Novigrad
- Lapidarium Museum with several hundreds of stone monuments, including the ciborium of Bishop Mauritius, one of the most important Carolingian monuments
- Theme gastronomy manifestation Gnam Gnam Fest
- Parkfest, an urban festival of the young
- Astro party Lunasa gathers all interested in mythology, magic and lost civilisations
- Days-long St. Pelagije festivity
- Foto ex Tempore, a three-day-long gathering of photographers
How's the weather in Novigrad
°C - 8°C
3°C - 8°C
5°C - 8°C
5°C - 9°C
4°C - 9°C
5°C - 11°C
8°C - 12°C