The town of Pazin in Croatia is the capital of Istria and the name “heart of Istria” is completely deserved due to its position at the very centre of the Istrian peninsula, which makes it easily accessible from the most popular Istrian tourist centres, such as Umag and Rovinj. The town wins over with its rich medieval heritage and it is a good choice for one-day excursions to the Green Istria.
Due to its strategic position, Pazin has always been an important point on the maps of great powers, and the remainders of the turbulent history are now first-rate tourist sites. The famous Castle of Pazin is especially delightful. The interactive show Escape from the Castle provides an interesting insight into the past of this building. The town is surrounded by several Istrian medieval towns, and bicycle paths and climbing locations are available for more active guests. One can also get to know Green Istria by riding on studs. The area of Pazin is popular as a gastronomic destination with a series of original Istrian taverns and wine cellars. Do you want to rest from the tourist hustles and spend a day exploring the natural beauties and offer of the hinterland? The town of Pazin and Green Istria are the perfect choice for you!
What should you see and experience in Pazin?
- Pazin Castle located above a 130-metre-deep chasm
- The Pazin Abyss, into which Pazinčica river flows, is the most attractive natural phenomenon of Pazin
- The arranged foot path of St. Simeon (Sv. Šimun)
- The interactive show Escape from the Castle on conspirator Mathias Sandorf, based on a novel by Jules Verne
- Days of Jules Verne to honour one of the greatest authors in history
- Istrian fantasy festival Istrakon for science fiction and fantasy lovers
How's the weather in Pazin
°C - 4°C
2°C - 4°C
°C - 5°C
1°C - 7°C
°C - 3°C
°C - 6°C
2°C - 6°C