The town of Umag in Croatia is located in the north-western coast of Istria and, due to its position, it is known as the “Croatian gates to Europe”. Umag stands out with its rich sports and entertainment contents, which are most expressed during summer, when many tourists visit the town.
The beaches and the crystal clear sea are attractions during the summer, and the guests can enjoy various events and the rich gastronomic offer during the entire year. The beauty of the destination was recognised by Roman noblemen, who chose this part of Istria for their resorts, while the sights that witness the rich history of Umag can be seen at every step. Today the diverse contents and the quality sports infrastructure delight athletes and recreation lovers. The town is especially alive during the ATP Croatia Open Umag tennis tournament, when the top tennis centre hosts some of the biggest names of the world tennis. There is a good reason why Umag is mentioned as a destination with the most attractive night life in the region, with clubs in which refreshing cocktails are served and performances of popular performers are organised. Wellness is the best choice for relaxation after a fun night. Hotels in Umag offer wellness lovers a rich selection of programmes and treatments. Gourmands can taste traditional specialties made from autochthonous victuals and enjoy the rich tastes and aromas of the Istrian climate in many taverns and restaurants. Wine makers, caterers and olive oil producers from the town region are at the top of the Croatian gastronomic offer. Specially conceived contents satisfy all guest profiles, from those who want a peaceful family holiday to those who want sports, activities and entertainment. Accommodation in Umag, Istria can be found in some of the numerous top quality hotels, apartments or the increasingly popular campsites. Visit the town of Umag in Croatia and have a unique experience of Istria!
What should you see and experience in Umag?
- Marin gallery incorporated into the old town walls
- The Old Town of Umag and its richly decorated architecture
- The oldest Croatian lighthouse in Savudrija near Umag, in which the performance Lighthouse of Love is played every year
- Great number of marked bicycle paths near the town
- ATP Croatia Open Umag tennis tournament gathers famous names of the world tennis
- ATP Party Nights and the Miss Hostess pageant are held during the tennis tournament
- Road bicycle marathon Istria Granfondo
- MK Staaari rokeri motorcycle meeting at Stella Maris
- UmaGOblues festival
- Sepomaia antique festival deals with the life of the old Romans
- Golden Lion (Zlatni lav) manifestation gathers many theatre artists
- Umag wellness days
- Numerous gastronomy events
How's the weather in Umag
°C - 8°C
3°C - 8°C
5°C - 8°C
5°C - 9°C
4°C - 9°C
5°C - 11°C
8°C - 12°C