This experience can be purchased some time before the day of departure. Please select an alternate date.
Amphitheatre Arena Pula
- Travelers rating
- Address / Location
Added to your vouchers!
Already added to your vouchers!
Need to book for more than 10 people?
For specific reasons our on-line booking is limited to 10 adults and 10 children. If you need to book for more people, please contact us directly with your specific request!
The Pula Amphitheatre, the famous Pula Arena, the sixth largest Roman amphitheatre in the world, is the most important monument in Croatia from the antiquity, and one of the best preserved amphitheatres in the world.
In comparison with other structural solutions of Roman amphitheatres, the outside walls of the Arena in Pula with its four staircase towers is a true gem, putting this monument in the same category as the Colosseum in Rome, the Verona Arena, and Pompeii Amphitheatre.
It was erected almost 2,000 years ago, at approximately the same time as the famous Rome Colosseum. There are many stories and legends surrounding its construction. Due to its popularity, the Arena is the most frequently used motif on Pula postcards.
When you visit the Amphitheatre, we also recommend:
- guided sightseeing tour of Pula
- Visiting Augustus’ Temple in the centre of the town, at the Forum
- Arch of the Sergii, a monument from the period before Christ, specifically from the Roman era, also known as the Golden Gate
- The Mythical Creatures of Istria show, Istra Inspirit
- Pula Superiorvm Manifestation – Days of Antiquity
- Where: Scalierova ulica 30, Pula
- Active: All months
- Day: All days
- Service provider: Arheološki muzej Istre
Itinerary (show me on the map)
What happens after I take over the voucher?
- The information voucher will be sent to your e-mail address. You can also view it and print it out from your Istria Experience portal profile.
- You can use the information voucher to get additional information about the Istria experience you are interested in.
Nina05/2014, Couples, Croatia
Be sure to visit during your stay in Istria! The wonderfully preserved interior.
Ben L.02/2014, Couples, United Kingdom
The Amphitheater was very, very beautiful and amazing. A must see.
Diether09/2013, Couples, Germany
Very beautifully preserved amphitheater ...
Log in / Register to continue shopping
To download a voucher you must be registered and logged in or submit your e-mail address.