This experience can be purchased until a certain time before the selected date of departure. Please choose a new date of departure.
- 3,5 hours
- Address / Location
Added to your vouchers!
Already added to your vouchers!
Need to book for more than 10 people?
For specific reasons our on-line booking is limited to 10 adults and 10 children. If you need to book for more people, please contact us directly with your specific request!
The aphrodisiac bike trail got its name from the truffle, an autochthonous aromatic mushroom that can be found in this part of Istria. Its pronounced aphrodisiac properties have been celebrated since antiquity among gourmands and romantics alike.
The biking trail takes us across scenic hills surrounding the small town of Oprtalj, Croatia to the picturesque village of Livade in Istria that prides itself on its title as the white truffle capital of the world. Experienced gourmands agree that the white truffle “caught” deep in the shade of forests around Motovun is one of the top delicacies of Istrian gastronomy, as well as the world, and its unique flavour and aroma are a challenge for even the most experienced palate. Apart from Istria’s delicacies, a bike ride along the river Mirna is also a magical experience. The babbling of the river that runs peacefully through the calmingly green scenery both relaxes you and fills you with the energy necessary to continue the ride at the same time. The bike trail ends in Istarske Toplice, in the same place it started. Take the Aphrodisiac Trail and discover the magic hidden in the truffle kingdom in the heartland of Istria, Croatia.
What is worth visiting?
- A replica of a record-sized truffle in Livade recorded in The Guinness Book of World Records
- The world-famous truffle festival in Livade held every year in October
- Local restaurants and taverns that offer dishes made with truffles and other traditional Istrian specialties
- Istarske Toplice are the perfect choice for relaxing and resting after a bike ride
- The small church of St. Stephen located at the top of an 85-meter tall rock Gorostas above Istarske Toplice
- Start point:
Istarske Toplice, old quarry
- End point:
The trail ends at the starting point.
- Service provider: IstriaExperience
Itinerary (show me on the map)
- Itinerary Routes: Istarske Toplice - Žnjidarići - Laganiši - Sv. Lucija - Gradinje - Ipši - Sv. Jelena - Balini - Pirelići - Livade - Istarske Toplice
- Bike track type: mountain - bike trail
- Length: 34 km
- Highest point: 416 km
- Skill level: difficult
What happens after I take over the voucher?
- The information voucher will be sent to your e-mail address. You can also view it and print it out from your Istria Experience portal profile.
- You can use the information voucher to get additional information about the Istria experience you are interested in.
- The wearing of a crash helmet is recommended
- Drive on the right side of the road complying with traffic regulations
Log in / Register to continue shopping
To download a voucher you must be registered and logged in or submit your e-mail address.