This experience can be purchased until a certain time before the selected date of departure. Please choose a new date of departure.
Archaeological Site and Wine Roads of Umag
- 2,5 - 3 hours
- Address / Location
Added to your vouchers!
Already added to your vouchers!
Need to book for more than 10 people?
For specific reasons our on-line booking is limited to 10 adults and 10 children. If you need to book for more people, please contact us directly with your specific request!
This bike trail takes you through the wine roads of Umag, Croatia and presents you with the riches of northwestern Istria through remains that bear witness to the tumultuous past of this area. The trip through time is perfectly complemented by a glass of premier Istrian wine, providing you with a unique enological, sporting, and educational experience.
The trail begins and ends in the tourist settlement Katoro and leads through some of the most beautiful parts of Istria. The history and tradition of the Istrian region are visible at every step. Monuments and sights, of which some date to the time when rich Romans from aristocratic families used to vacation in luxurious villas, follow you along the entire trail and remind you of all the things that make Istria unique. Savudrija and its surroundings are known far and wide, apart from the famous lighthouse, for its numerous restaurants which offer fresh fish delicacies prepared following traditional recipes. The richness of flavours and aromas on your plate recharge you with energy before you continue with your exploration of wine roads and archaeological sites. Take the route of history, gastronomy and fine wine and dare to explore the very spirit of Istria, Croatia!
What is worth visiting?
- The lighthouse in Savudrija
- The wine cellar Degrassi in Bašanija
- The tastery of top quality extra-virgin olive oils Pavlović in Frančeskija
- The tavern Buščina that offers specialties made from Istrian Boškarin beef (with prior reservation)
- The City Museum in Umag
- The archaeological site Cape Tiola in Kator
- Start point:
- End point:
The trail ends at the starting point.
- Service provider: IstriaExperience
Itinerary (show me on the map)
- Itinerary Routes: Zambratija - Bašanija - Savudrija - Crveni Vrh - Valica - Sv. Marija na Krasu - Bušćina - Vilanija - Katoro
- Bike track type: paved route
- Length: 32 km
- Highest point: 100 km
- Skill level: soft
What happens after I take over the voucher?
- The information voucher will be sent to your e-mail address. You can also view it and print it out from your Istria Experience portal profile.
- You can use the information voucher to get additional information about the Istria experience you are interested in.
- The wearing of a crash helmet is recommended
- Drive on the right side of the road complying with traffic regulations
Log in / Register to continue shopping
To download a voucher you must be registered and logged in or submit your e-mail address.