This experience can be purchased until a certain time before the selected date of departure. Please choose a new date of departure.
Momjan Muscat Trail
- 3-3,5 hours
- Address / Location
Added to your vouchers!
Already added to your vouchers!
Need to book for more than 10 people?
For specific reasons our on-line booking is limited to 10 adults and 10 children. If you need to book for more people, please contact us directly with your specific request!
This bike trail introduces you to central Istria through the paths of the famous Momjan Muscat, over green hills of thick forest, vineyards and olive gardens.
The trail passes through little villages with stone houses that are the perfect example of original Istrian architecture and the way of life led in Istria by their inhabitants of old. As the name of the trail implies, the most significant stop on the trail is Momjan, Croatia, a small medieval town of rich history and cultural heritage known for quality olive oils and wines, among which the Momjan Muscat - a wine of fine and discrete aroma that enthuses experts and wine lovers alike - stands out the most. The Arđila Rivulet valley is an ideal place to rest and enjoy the untouched nature before continuing your journey, while the peaks of nearby hills offer an extraordinary view of Istria's greenery and the blue of the Slovenian Littoral. After lunch in one of the taverns accompanied by the unavoidable Momjan Muscat, it's time for continuing the ride and getting back to Buje, where the bike trail ends.
What is worth visiting?
- The remains of the medieval castello in Momjan
- The wine cellars Kabola and Kozlović offering Momjan Muscat
- The taverns Stari Podrum and Rino and the agricultural tourism estate San Mauro in Momjan
- The tavern Furia in Smilovići or the restaurant Marino and the tavern Pjero in Kremenje with home-made truffle specialties
- Start point:
- End point:
The trail ends at the starting point.
- Service provider: IstriaExperience
Itinerary (show me on the map)
- Itinerary Routes: Buje - Bibali - Krug - Smilovići - Momjan - Škarjevac - Brdo - Kučibreg - Dugo Brdo - Vrnjak - Marušići - Sv. Florijan - Triban - Buje
- Bike track type: mountain - bike trail
- Length: 33 km
- Highest point: 445 km
- Skill level: difficult
What happens after I take over the voucher?
- The information voucher will be sent to your e-mail address. You can also view it and print it out from your Istria Experience portal profile.
- You can use the information voucher to get additional information about the Istria experience you are interested in.
- The wearing of a crash helmet is recommended
- Drive on the right side of the road complying with traffic regulations
Log in / Register to continue shopping
To download a voucher you must be registered and logged in or submit your e-mail address.