This experience can be purchased until a certain time before the selected date of departure. Please choose a new date of departure.
Old town of Umag
- Travelers rating
- Address / Location
Added to your vouchers!
Already added to your vouchers!
Need to book for more than 10 people?
For specific reasons our on-line booking is limited to 10 adults and 10 children. If you need to book for more people, please contact us directly with your specific request!
The old town of Umag offers a look into the history of Umag, from the ancient times right through to the modern period. The beauty of this destination was recognised by Roman noblemen who chose this part of Istria as the perfect location for their vacation homes. The departure of the Romans was followed by a turbulent period – the town was passed from the hands of one ruler to another for centuries. The cobbled streets are lined with elaborately ornate and splendid Venetian villas from the period of Venetian rule, and you will find sights dating from such turbulent past times at every step. If you would like to take a break from sightseeing, visit one of the traditional Istrian taverns (konoba), offering various types of fish and meat dishes, as well as quality wines and olive oils. Take a walk down the narrow alleys and paved squares and discover the rich historical and cultural heritage of the old town of Umag.
We recommend the following:
- Exploring the medieval city walls
- Visiting Marin Gallery, featuring pieces from some of the most famous Croatian artists
- Umag Town Museum, located in a preserved medieval defence tower
- St Rocco’s Church featuring a painted ceiling
- St Mary’s Church that has valuable frescos
- Sepomaia Viva – international antique festival
- Where: Trgovačka 6, Umag
- Active: All months
- Day: All days
- Service provider: TZ Umag
Itinerary (show me on the map)
What happens after I take over the voucher?
- The information voucher will be sent to your e-mail address. You can also view it and print it out from your Istria Experience portal profile.
- You can use the information voucher to get additional information about the Istria experience you are interested in.
Martin09/2014, Young couples, Austria
The beautiful old town. It is ideal for walking in the evening, of course incl. Visit the restaurant :)
Your experience will help other travelers in search of the best experiences in Istria. Thank you!
Zola10/2013, Couples, Croatia
The old town is beautiful just lacks a bit more life when the season ends.
Log in / Register to continue shopping
To download a voucher you must be registered and logged in or submit your e-mail address.