The town of Poreč is a tourist destination in Istria, located near Rovinj. Poreč is characterised by historical beauties, sports offer, arranged beaches and many events.
Traces of hundreds of years of history are clearly visible at every step on the squares and streets of Poreč, especially in the old town core. Luxurious palaces of the noble families are now galleries and museums, and people still live in some of them. Some of the Poreč squares were created back in the period of the Roman Empire, and massive walls and forts were preserved from a later period. Participation in the interactive show Iustitia, which is held in June and September in attractive locations all over the town, is a good way to get to know Poreč and its culture. The town is also known as the destination where many professional athletes come for conditional preparations, while recreation lovers enjoy the diverse offer of activities. Restaurants and small family taverns offer refreshment and regaining of the lost energy. They offer traditional Istrian specialties, which you can taste with a glass of wine. The town of Poreč in Istria will welcome you with arms wide open!
What should you see and experience in Poreč?
- Euphrasian Basilica, a monument from the period of the Byzantine Empire, which is on UNESCO’s list of protected heritage
- The Old Town filled with stone squares and paved streets
- Marafor square and the towers of Poreč
- The interactive show Iustitia, held on the streets of Poreč
- Valamar Jazz Festival
- Entertaining music concerts on Poreč Summer
- Flirty Street & Art festival
- Diving and sport fishing
- Beaches and bicycle paths
How's the weather in Poreč
°C - 21°C
19°C - 22°C
19°C - 23°C
20°C - 23°C
20°C - 24°C
20°C - 25°C
21°C - 25°C