This experience can be purchased until a certain time before the selected date of departure. Please choose a new date of departure.
South Side of Umag and Seaside Ride
- 2,5 - 3 hours
- Travelers rating
- Address / Location
Added to your vouchers!
Already added to your vouchers!
Need to book for more than 10 people?
For specific reasons our on-line booking is limited to 10 adults and 10 children. If you need to book for more people, please contact us directly with your specific request!
This seaside bike trail runs by the Adriatic coastline and through the hinterland of Umag, Croatia, introducing you to some of the most beautiful parts of Istria. The ride begins and ends in the tourist settlement Katoro, Istria.
Gourmands and lovers of fine wine will know how to appreciate all this trail has to offer: local taverns, wine cellars and olive oil tasteries preserve the soul of Istria's originality. Built from Istrian stone, decorated with local wood using old tools once used by Istrian farmers, they bring you closer to the tradition of this region. Truffles, olive oil and wine turns this outing into an experience you won't soon forget. After refreshments and trying local delicacies, it's time to experience something completely new and get to know the natural beauty of Istrian forests on the backs of purebred horses from the Goli Vrh equestrian centre. After passing through the green heartland, you are greeted by the endless blue of the Adriatic Sea. The seaside bike trail will win you over with its magical view of the Adriatic and turn the trip back to Umag, Istria into another once-in-a-lifetime experience.
What is worth seeing?
- The tavern Buščina in the eponymous town and the tavern Nono in Petrovia where you can try Istrian Boškarin beef (with prior reservation)
- The wine cellar Coronica in Korenika that produces top quality Istrian Malvazija wine
- The wine cellar and olive oil tastery CUJ in Farnanižane
- The oldest organ in Istria from 1773 in the church of St. Laurence in Lovrečica
- Organized equestrian outings in the equestrian center Goli Vrh (with advance notice)
- Start point:
- End point:
The trail ends at the starting point.
- Service provider: IstriaExperience
Itinerary (show me on the map)
- Itinerary Routes: Katoro - Murine - Kmeti - Buščina - Farnežine - Vardica - Juricani - Čepljani - Lovrečica - Špina - Katoro
- Bike track type: paved route
- Length: 30 km
- Highest point: 93 km
- Skill level: soft
What happens after I take over the voucher?
- The information voucher will be sent to your e-mail address. You can also view it and print it out from your Istria Experience portal profile.
- You can use the information voucher to get additional information about the Istria experience you are interested in.
- The wearing of a crash helmet is recommended
- Drive on the right side of the road complying with traffic regulations
Bojan07/2017, Solo travelers, Slovenia
Kolesarjenje oz. Kolesarska pot večinoma urejena. Zamera gre edino domačim voznikom za netoleranco do kolesarjev.(tujci oz.turisti večinoma dosti bolj uvidevni do kolesarjev)Bom še ponovil.
Log in / Register to continue shopping
To download a voucher you must be registered and logged in or submit your e-mail address.