This experience can be purchased until a certain time before the selected date of departure. Please choose a new date of departure.
St. Pelagius Bike Trail
- 3 - 3,5 hours
- Address / Location
Added to your vouchers!
Already added to your vouchers!
Need to book for more than 10 people?
For specific reasons our on-line booking is limited to 10 adults and 10 children. If you need to book for more people, please contact us directly with your specific request!
The St. Pelagius bike trail starts in a romantic fishing town of Novigrad in Croatia that hides priceless historical and cultural riches in the confines of its walls.
The trail leads from Novigrad to the Istria’s heartland through untouched nature of the fertile Mirna River valley towards Brtonigla, also known as „the city of wine“ because of the many thick vineyards in which authocthonous Istrian wine sorts are grown and turned into top quality wine. In local wine cellars kind hosts greet their guests with open arms and present the hospitality for which Istria is known far and wide. After a hard day's bike ride, a splash of wine and some refreshments really hit the spot. The bike trail continues through the forest, picturesque Istrian villages, vineyards, olive gardens and ploughland all the way to the sea, followed by a pleasant ride along the coast and the return trip to Novigrad, Croatia, where this interesting trip ends, and at the right time for a light fish lunch in one the most popular restaurants.
What is worth visiting?
- The ancient walls of Novigrad
- The city loggia right at the very seaside in Novigrad
- The church of St. Pelagius containing the crypt housing the church's famous sacral collection
- The underground cave Mramornica in the vicinity of Brtonigla
- Tasting of quality Istrian wines in the wine cellar Palčić
- The oil mill and oil tastery Al Torcio
- Fish restaurants in Novigrad: Damir and Ornela, Čok, Pepenero
- Start point:
- End point:
The trail ends at the starting point.
- Service provider: IstriaExperience
Itinerary (show me on the map)
- Itinerary Routes: Novigrad - St. Roželo - Antenal - Sv. Dionizij - Nova Vas - Druškovići - Turini - Marinčići - Fiorini - Mareda - Novigrad
- Bike track type: mountain - bike trail
- Length: 34 km
- Highest point: 180 km
- Skill level: soft
What happens after I take over the voucher?
- The information voucher will be sent to your e-mail address. You can also view it and print it out from your Istria Experience portal profile.
- You can use the information voucher to get additional information about the Istria experience you are interested in.
- The wearing of a crash helmet is recommended
- Drive on the right side of the road complying with traffic regulations
Log in / Register to continue shopping
To download a voucher you must be registered and logged in or submit your e-mail address.