This experience can be purchased until a certain time before the selected date of departure. Please choose a new date of departure.
The Idyll of the Istrian Hinterland
- 3 - 3,5 hours
- Address / Location
Added to your vouchers!
Already added to your vouchers!
Need to book for more than 10 people?
For specific reasons our on-line booking is limited to 10 adults and 10 children. If you need to book for more people, please contact us directly with your specific request!
The bike trail starts in the tourist settlement Katoro and continues towards the heartland introducing you to the idyll of the Istrian Hinterland.
The hinterland of Umag, Croatia has always attracted many guests with its untouched nature and diversity of activities which capture perfectly the authentic experience of Green Istria. Buje in Istria, a small town of rich history idyllically situated on a hilltop located above surrounding valleys and a picturesque landscape permeated with vineyards and olive gardens, is especially attractive. You cannot miss the view from the tall belfry that reaches all the way to the Alps on clear days.
Buje is the right place to get refreshments and some rest before continuing the trail. Within city walls you will find hospitable wine and olive oil makers and the offer in restaurants and taverns conjuring the experience of traditional Istrian cuisine through authentic flavours and aromas of local ingredients and specialties. After Buje, stop in the rural hotel La Parenzana and find out more about the bike trail Parenzana that runs along the route of the eponymous railroad once connecting Poreč and Trieste. On its way back to Katoro, the bike trail passes along the Dragonja River slowly leaving the Istrian hinterland and offers an unforgettable view of the Gulf of Piran and its salt evaporation ponds.
What is worth visiting?
- The riding school on the equestrian ranch Goli Vrh
- Buje’s historic old town with a pentagonal tower, church, and belfry
- The Ethnographic Museum in Buje with holdings of an old kitchen, oil mill and smithy
- The exhibition and school of making of stained glass in Gallery Orsola in Buje
- The rural hotel La Parenzana in Volpija
- The Casino Hotel Mulino
- The golf courses on Crveni Vrh
- Active: All months
- Day: All days
- Start point:
- End point:
The trail ends at the starting point.
- Service provider: IstriaExperience
Itinerary (show me on the map)
- Itinerary Routes: Katoro - Galići - Vilanija - Vardica - Buje - Volpija - Kaldanija - Mulino - Sv. Petar - Crveni Vrh - Katoro
- Bike track type: mountain - bike trail
- Length: 42 km
- Highest point: 158 km
- Skill level: soft
What happens after I take over the voucher?
- The information voucher will be sent to your e-mail address. You can also view it and print it out from your Istria Experience portal profile.
- You can use the information voucher to get additional information about the Istria experience you are interested in.
- The wearing of a crash helmet is recommended
- Drive on the right side of the road complying with traffic regulations
Log in / Register to continue shopping
To download a voucher you must be registered and logged in or submit your e-mail address.