This experience can be purchased some time before the day of departure. Please select an alternate date.
The Istrian Hills Trail
- 3 hours
- Address / Location
Added to your vouchers!
Already added to your vouchers!
Need to book for more than 10 people?
For specific reasons our on-line booking is limited to 10 adults and 10 children. If you need to book for more people, please contact us directly with your specific request!
The trail starts in Buje, a small town located high up on a hill and easily recognized for its grandiose tower and belfries that dominate the entire region and offer an extraordinary view all the way to the Alps, especially on clear days.
The area around Buje is known as one of the gastronomic centres of Istria. Numerous wine and olive oil makers of this area teach their skill and knowledge to new generations. The result are wines and olive oils of the highest quality that win awards in international contests and exhibitions on a regular basis and can also be tasted in traditional taverns and cellars in Buje, Croatia and surrounding villages. This is followed by a descent to the Mirna River valley and a light ride along the river, which is the perfect opportunity for mustering energy for the climb toward Grožnjan. Of course, the climb very much pays off because it is really worth it to discover for yourself why Grožnjan was dubbed the “city of artists” and what it is that gives this little town and indescribable charm that perfectly conjures the spirit of Istrian authenticity. After leaving this picturesque location, the trail returns to Buje.
What is worth visiting?
- The sights and monuments of Buje’s historical old town
- The exhibition in Gallery Orsola and the Ethnographic Museum in Buje
- Gallery Tigor in Donje Baredine
- Exhibitions, galleries, and ateliers in Grožnjan, the Istrian „city of artist“
- Active: All months
- Day: All days
- Start point:
Buje, town cente
- End point:
The trail ends at the starting point.
- Service provider: IstriaExperience
Itinerary (show me on the map)
- Itinerary Routes: Buje - St. Loj - D. Baredine - Dolina Mirne - Ponte Porton - Grožnjan - Triban - Buje
- Bike track type: mountain - bike trail
- Length: 28 km
- Highest point: 293 km
- Skill level: difficult
What happens after I take over the voucher?
- The information voucher will be sent to your e-mail address. You can also view it and print it out from your Istria Experience portal profile.
- You can use the information voucher to get additional information about the Istria experience you are interested in.
- The wearing of a crash helmet is recommended
- Drive on the right side of the road complying with traffic regulations
Log in / Register to continue shopping
To download a voucher you must be registered and logged in or submit your e-mail address.