This experience can be purchased some time before the day of departure. Please select an alternate date.
Three Istrian Musketeers
- 4,5-5 hours
- Address / Location
Added to your vouchers!
Already added to your vouchers!
Need to book for more than 10 people?
For specific reasons our on-line booking is limited to 10 adults and 10 children. If you need to book for more people, please contact us directly with your specific request!
The starting point of the bike trail is Oprtalj, a small town that was an important medieval center of western Istria, and nowadays a first-grade tourist attraction thanks to its numerous monuments and sights that keep his glorious past for future generations.
After Oprtalj, Croatia, the first of the Istrian musketeers, you will encounter Završje in Istria, a small village in which time seems to be standing still, and Grožnjan, known as the “city of artists” because of the numerous galleries hidden inside its city walls. These three little towns played an important role in Istria’s history and, because of their massive walls and fortifications that rise on the picturesque hills, they are rightly called Istrian musketeers and the protectors of the original Istrian spirit and way of life. Apart from researching history, culture and art, along the bike trail you can visit the olive gardens and family-owned agricultural tourism estates in which kind hosts offer autochthonous gastronomic specialties.
What is worth visiting?
- The city loggia and lapidary in Oprtalj
- The little churches of St. Mary and St. Rocco with old frescos in Oprtalj
- The olive gardens of the Ipša family from the eponymous village
- The agricultural tourism estate Dešković and wine cellar Zigante in the village Kostanjica
- The agricultural tourism estate of the Pincin family in Montiželo
- The tastery of original Croatian products Loggia in Oprtalj
- Active: All months
- Day: All days
- Start point:
- End point:
The trail ends at the starting point.
- Service provider: IstriaExperience
Itinerary (show me on the map)
- Itinerary Routes: Oprtalj - Vrhi - Sv. Ivan - Sv. Juraj - Grožnjan - Ponte Porton - Završje - Balini - Sv. Jelena - Ipši - Gradinje - Sv. Lucija - Oprtalj
- Bike track type: mountain - bike trail
- Length: 46 km
- Highest point: 420 km
- Skill level: difficult
What happens after I take over the voucher?
- The information voucher will be sent to your e-mail address. You can also view it and print it out from your Istria Experience portal profile.
- You can use the information voucher to get additional information about the Istria experience you are interested in.
- The wearing of a crash helmet is recommended
- Drive on the right side of the road complying with traffic regulations
Log in / Register to continue shopping
To download a voucher you must be registered and logged in or submit your e-mail address.